VLC Player 2.1.5
VLC is a free cross-platform multimedia player. It can run the most known multimedia files as well as play video from DVD, Audio CD, VCD and various streaming sources.
It is very simple to use and free thus suitable to fulfill all needs. It can handle DVDs, (S)VCDs, Audio CDs, web streams, TV cards and much more. VLC has the advantage of incorporating already the codecs you'd need, thus it can play multimedia files without downloading new codecs.
VLC's main features:
- simple, fast and powerful media player that is 100% free (doesn't contain any spyware or ads)
- plays almost every known multimedia file as well as those from sources such as webcams or streams
- no additional codecs have to be installed, as it already includes: MPEG-2, DivX, H.264, MKV, WebM, WMV, MP3, ...
- multi-platform, it can run on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X or Unix
- can convert media files from one format to another and plays streamed movies.
VLC can play back your files, even if the media is damaged! Missing or broken pieces wont stop VLC. All the video and audio information that remains can be played.
posted on 2013-05-16
With the capabilities of "RinceWind", 2.1.5 fixes a few bugs, and important security issues
2.1.5 fixes a few decoding bugs, on MP3, MKV, and hardware decoding on Windows.
It also fixes QTsound capture and audio channel orders for OS X.
2.1.5 also ships with updated GnuTLS and libpng libraries, because of security issues.
posted on 2011-02-28
Add a review
Tell us your experience with VLC Player 2.1.5